Friday, May 24, 2013

Chocolate Protein Muffins




I feel like an easy, convenient, low-carbohydrate, high protein muffin recipe is something that every gal should have in their bag of tricks along with Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, wet ones and a nail file. If the muffin recipe is missing from your bag than allow me to provide you with a doozy.

Before you get to the recipe below I will say that to date I have only used one brand of protein powder so I can’t advise on substitutions. I will also point out that it isn’t an easy supermarket brand protein powder either. Sorry! If you do get experimental with other brands please let me know the results
The Protein Powder I use for this recipe - BNRG Choc Proto Whey

Chocolate Protein Muffins

Ingredients Per Muffin

2 scoops of protein powder (I use BNRG Choc Proto Whey)
2 egg whites
25 g almond meal
A touch of low-cal sweetener like Stevia or Equal if you need them to be super sweet

Combine all ingredients multiplying the quantities by number of muffins you wish to make. Place muffins in muffin liners in muffin tray and bake in 150 degree Celsius oven for 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.

Keep some in your freezer for on the go snacks!





No comments:

Post a Comment